Sunday, September 15, 2013

Back to School

As Module One of the Fall semester comes to a close, I feel surprisingly content. This semester I'm taking a Story Development class and a Writing for Film Genre class. Both classes consist of watching movies that are completely out of my zone. As I read over the expectations of the classes, I thought to myself, "this is really going to take me out of my normal element." Honestly, I'm not too worried about the Story Development class because by the end of the semester, we'll all have come up with an outline for a movie. I'm a planner, not a panster, so I'd have fun with an assignment like that.

Now, my Writing for Film Genre class is going to be a bit more challenging, which I'm open to. We have to study four genres in this class: romantic comedy, horror, thriller, and science fiction. Out of all of these genres, I only watch romantic comedies. Not only do we have to watch three or four movies per genre, but we also have to come up with a detailed movie proposal for each genre. Just because I like watching romantic comedies, doesn't mean I know how to WRITE them. I don't know the first thing about being funny (without trying too hard). I'm more of a drama girl. I'm about that dramatic life. Hopefully, by watching all of these films I'll be able to whip up four A plus worthy movie proposals. I'll leave you with the movie posters for this week's movies.



No comments:

Post a Comment