Saturday, November 26, 2011

Racism...Will it Ever End???

Racism (noun):  Prejudice or discrimination directed against someone of a different race based on such a belief.

WE ALL BLEED RED PEOPLE...get it together!!
A lot of people are blinded by the fact that racism is still a HUGE issue out there in the world today...people can say what they want, but I feel like it is still an issue.  For example, today while I was scrolling through the News Feed on Facebook, a young man made a comment that was so offensive that I REFUSE to repeat here.  My thing is, if you're going to judge someone, don't group all people together just because of their race; if you think a person is ignorant or dumb, it's not because they're black, white, red, yellow, purple, it's because of their character.  When Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. made his speech, he said that people should by judged by the content of their character, not the color of their skin, and I think people should take this into consideration.  I honestly don't get racism, I don't understand why people, mainly minorities, are so looked down on...it's 2011; this has to end at some point!!

No comments:

Post a Comment